Friday, January 15, 2016

Ikea Loveseat Hack

I have a small space in my living room and I was in desperate need for something small / cute / inexpensive so I went straight to Ikea. There I found this loveseat, the Knopparp, for only $119
http://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/10265113/
KNOPPARP
I love the grey color, it looks more fuzzy in real life if that makes sense. One problem though was that the white legs make it look a bit childish and cheap. If there's one thing I love it's gold. I bought a small can of paint from Amazon, Rust-Oleum 7954730 American Accents 1/2 Pint Latex, Satin Gold Metallic, for $10. I was going to get spray paint originally but living in an apartment I don't have space to spray paint. I removed the legs and in the kitchen where I put down news paper I painted the legs


I absolutely loved how it turned out. But to make the couch really look like it was a high end furniture I added a small rug to the back which I also got from ikea. 
TEJN $12.99
And this was my final result!



Items:
  • Knopparp Loveseat $119
  • Rust-Oleum Gold Paint $10
  • Tejn Faux Sheepskin Rug $12.99
Grand total of $142! 


1 comment:

  1. Hi! Looks great but how did you remove the legs? I can't seem to?

    ReplyDelete