Tuesday, September 2, 2014

House of the Temple

I was nervous walking up to this giant white building in a neighborhood near DuPont for my first real interview. The two huge Sphinxes on the outside were slightly intimidating and this was a job with the Freemasons after all. The full title of the building is The House of the Temple the Supreme Council of the Scottish Rite of Freemasonry 33rd degree. 
My fears were all for nothing. I met the most amazing people in one of the friendliest atmospheres. I was more than ecstatic to receive the e-mail saying I got the internship. Almost a year later I am still there because it is hard to say goodbye to such a fun place. 


My internship is unique because I come in contact with the most interesting people almost everyday. Since Washington, D.C. is a hub for tourism so many different types of people from different states and countries constantly visit the building. This makes work unpredictable everyday. 






When my friends complain about their internships or jobs or even being unemployed I realize how fortunate I was to find this job. The building is filled with the nicest people you could ever imagine. Everyone is always willing to help you out or answer any questions you have. Not only is the building beautiful but the organization is very interesting. I do also find it very unique to say I had this opportunity to work with such a well known organization. 

4 comments:

  1. This sounds amazing Tiba. I look forward to learning more about it. As far as your other blog on Unwind goes, I don't look forward to learning more about that! It sounds disturbing to say the least!!!!! Read your marketing textbook instead. Much less disturbing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tiba, I still find it amazing that you found such a cool place to intern! I can't imagine all the people you meet. You also have the chance to learn an abundance of information about something unique and historic, which invaluable. I'm going to have to visit there sometime soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice use of imagery and photos in your blog. How about a link to directions for the building?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is a great suggestion, here is the link for more information http://scottishrite.org/headquarters/museums/

      Delete